Tuesday, June 27, 2006

in cool happenings of the day. today we went to la romana to visit the clinic that a group of doctors from Columbia University have been working with. The clinic is funded out of USAID and the Clinton Foundation among others. We brought a patient from Boca Chica with us because we'd been told that they would run CD4 tests for us for free. Arriving at the clinic I found the doctor that I'd been recommended to. I went and spoke with her and she was very nice. She has asked for a copy of my resume and said that possibly I will be able to shadow there. I hope that works out. She also got our patient the tests he needed, and she also gave us tubes to get tests for the patients in Samana. That means free tests for them and instead of dragging them all the way up to Samana all we have to do is draw their blood up there and bring it down....which is pretty cool. So today was a cool day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home