Saturday, April 22, 2006

so a somewhat uneventful saturday. we went this morning downtown to pay a phone bill and then to do a little shopping. people get their cloths here at the grocery store. it's crazy too because they help you in a major way. i started looking at pants, and the three girls working started picking out pants for me....

they picked out pants with design type stuff on them for me, and at first i said no...but after they insisted i decided to try them along with a couple of others, and i ended up with the ones i'd said no to in the first place. they just look at you and guess your size for you. they were right on for me. although you wear your pants differently here....

anyways, i ended up with a new outfit. i also ended up winning 100 pesos and some tshirts for milagros and i in this weird promotional thing going on in the store. we then went to the salon. i now have a dominican outfit and dominican hair....you can see pictures under my "dominican republic photos part II" and then go to the album "yo soy una dominicana" you can see a dominicanized me.....

this afternoon i went to the dance school from my first week. the problem here is that people know where you live and they come to your house looking for you. so the dance teacher would come here looking for me. although i told him today was my only day. i enjoyed myself. i tought one six year old. it was kinda weird....but it was good to teach again. i found teaching in spanish is hard because i like to talk a lot which is difficult in spanish. so i wasn't telling any little girls to squeeze their candy....my problem is i don't super trust the dance school....and i'm not sure what kind of money they might be getting from me teaching. so no more there for me. i'm still waiting to hear again from the dance people with the church. i'm very much looking forward to that. oh well. not too much else exciting.
i had a two hour "meeting" with milagros and my boss last night over internet phone. that's how my friday nights here are spent. it's left me with work to do. i did a little today, but i'm trying to sav the rest for the week, so i actually have a weekend. my boss is taking a week of prayer and fasting because we're coming up to some decisions. things should start picking up here very quickly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home