Wednesday, April 19, 2006

this morning when i walked out my front gate i was greeted by the little boys (there are three of them) who{s parents run the gomera (tire repair shack) on my corner yelling "la gringa!" and one of the little boys running from behind the counter. it was an excited yell.....i felt touched that they were excited to see me even if it was because i{m a weird thing here. these are some of the first kids i interacted with when i got here. waving and playing peekaboo my first day here.

yesterday was a good day because i felt very productive. i spent a lot of time at home leaving once for dinner and once to get internet, but i got stuff done. i spent a good amount of time putting together stuff from a manual that my boss had given me about goal setting. we{re in the midst of putting together what exactly access will look like, so i{ve been reading about what{s required for putting an organization together and sending some ideas away. i also spent some time practicing spanish with hector and burning reggaeton to my computer. got some exercising done too which feels good. that and milagros wants to start walking in the mornings which i{m excited about. that and supposedly thursday is the big day for internet at our apartment. hopefully it will be the last manana. we{ll see. not too much else. today we go to verizon to track down a spanish professor and maybe to boca chica to see something like ten patients. we{ll see what happens.

the other night i watched a dvd in english on my computer in my room. for a minute i forgot that i was in the dominican republic. i heard sounds from outside and thought they were my roommates voices yelling from their rooms. i then remembered where i was. i{m enjoying myself but it was kind of a nice feeling a little bit of home for a couple hours.

1 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Jenny N said...

Hey Rachel! Just wanted to let you know I'm reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home